Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coconut Crunch Fudge

I was recipe blog hopping the other day and came across this. I honestly can't remember where I found it and the odds of me finding it again are slim to none. So I give credit where credit is due, I just don't know where it is due.

I love coconut. I'm not sure love is a strong enough word.

And I love fudge. So putting the two together was nothing short of amazing.

Here is the recipe that I found on the blog. I actually used my mom's fudge recipe instead, but still used the coconut idea and it turned out perfect!

11.5 oz chocolate, semi sweet or milk chocolate (I used semi-sweet)

14 oz sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp coconut extract (I used a generous tsp)

1 T butter

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup toasted coconut, plus some for topping (I used way more, but it was so good)

1/4 cup crumbled graham crackers, plus some for topping

Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a small sauce pot and turn on med heat. Add the chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted. Add the butter and extract and mix til creamy.

Take chocolater mixture off the heat and stir in the toasted coconut and graham cracker pieces.

Line an 8x8 pan with parchment or plastic and pour in chocolate mixture (I just buttered mine) Decorate with extra toasted coconut and graham crackers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

*The directions can vary depending on which fudge recipe you use.

No comments: