Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tostadas

A while back I was scrambling to get the menu made, again. Kev suggested we try tostadas. I'm not a huge fan of corn tortillas, but I thought we could give it a whirl. He always eats what I cook without a single complaint, so I thought it was only fair to take and try one of his ideas.
Now, they are one of my favorite go-to meals. We eat these all the time. They are so quick and easy and we usually have the ingredients on hand. Even my mom, whom we lovingly gave the nick-name of 'food-snob', likes these.

Start with tostadas, refried beans and shredded cheese.

Assemble like so and put them under a broiler until they are bubbly and melted, like so.

My boys don't like tostadas. I don't know why, they are just picky eaters and just don't. So they felt left out when their dinner wasn't being photographed. So here is one of their lovely bowls of mac and cheese, straight out of the box.


Here is our delicious dinner. A bit better than mac and cheese and just about as easy. We topped ours with what we had on hand. Tomatoes, olives, green onions and corn. But you can do whatever you like. Put all your favorite things on top and then dig in!

4 comments:

Karli said...

Mmmm, I will be trying this SOON! Thanks Aubrey.

Judy and KC said...

Those look great! Love all the toppings. (Mac and cheese - SO CUTE!)

Dona said...

We had tostadas on Thursday.
Corn chowder with Easy Garlic Cheese Rolls on Friday. I made a double batch so we finished it off on Sunday for lunch. EVERYBODY, even my little boys, loved all of it. You're an inspiration. Especially if you consider that I have pretty much sworn off cooking all together then I cooked 2 nights in a row! Thanks for the ideas.

Cal and Whit said...

ha ha! I am laughing at your boys! I can't imagine chosing mac and chees over a tostada! ha! I love those little guys! This gave me an idea for us, fish tostadas! Sweet! Thanks Aubs, I am loving your recipes!