Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easy Garlic Cheese Rolls

I saw someone do an onion cheese roll, with swiss cheese. It looked good, but I don't love swiss cheese, so this is my version.

First you set out 12 frozen rolls. Let them rise for a bit, so they aren't frozen anymore, but not totally risen either.

Then brush them with melted butter. You could roll them in butter, but I have a hard time not smashing the dough, so this is easier.

Then sprinkle cheese over the top. We like the bag of pre-shredded Italian cheeses. It gives a lot of good flavor and makes it super easy. Again, you could roll, but, this is easier.

Then sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. I've also thought about mixing garlic into the butter, but that requires a bit more effort and I usually makes these when I am in a hurry, and this is easier.

Then let them fully rise. Bake them at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Don't worry that the cheese fell off a bit. When you bake them, all that cheesy deliciousness is on the bottom and sides.

Here's what they look like finished. As you can tell, we ate before I remembered to get a picture. They are that good.

1 comment:

Judy and KC said...

These were SO yummy! We loved them. Great pictures!