Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicken with Creamy Scalloped Potatoes

This is another from the Grandma Naylor collection. She is an excellent cook and I love collecting recipes from her.

Sorry for the picture, the lighting is all wrong, but I can't do much about the time of day or the light that comes in my window.

This is so easy, so quick and is a crock pot meal. All great qualities in a recipe.

Recipe:
4 chicken breasts - I used about 8 chicken tenders
onion and garlic powder
salt and pepper
4-6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into about 1/4" slices
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c sour cream
*You can use the low or non-fat versions of both the soup and sour cream to lighten this meal up. And if you're like me and like things with lots of sauce, double this!
Season the chicken with the onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. Brown both sides in about 2 T heated oil. Set aside. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Mix the soup and sour cream. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the crock pot and lightly season with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of the soup mixture over the the potatoes. Continue with all the potatoes, then place the chicken on the top and spread the remaining soup mixture on top. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I don't think I've ever had that one....looks good!